The site currently comprises cleared land.
The gross site area is approx. 1.38 acres.
A number of properties situated at 61-83 Palace Road are utilising the Council’s land edged red for vehicular access to the rear gardens / in order to provide off road car parking. The Council is not aware of any formal agreement for this activity albeit, it is understood that several residents have utilised the Council’s land as a right of way for a number of years. The Council would welcome any design which allows residents to continue to enjoy vehicular access into the rear gardens were possible.
Any scheme design should also take account of the footpath that runs between Waterloo Gardens and the subject land
Sketch proposals undertaken by Tameside MBC have indicated capacity for densities between 11 to 25 units.
The site is currently allocated as Protected Green Space under the Tameside MBC UDP. Notwithstanding this, Tameside MBC’s intention is to dispose of the site for residential development.
– The site is owned by Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council.
– Located at Palace Road in Ashton-Under-Lyne.
– Comprises a parcel of cleared land extending to approx. 1.38 acres.
– Suitable for residential development – subject to planning.
– Tameside MBC are inviting offers conditional on planning only.
– The deadline for bids is midday on Friday 8th December 2023.
– Bids and tender submission documents are to be sent in sealed envelopes to Roger Hannah, Century Buildings, 14 St Mary’s Parsonage, Manchester M3 2DF.
– The sealed envelopes should not provide any indication as to the identity of the bidder.