Are you or your neighbour building close to an adjoining wall? We are specialist Party Wall Surveyors and can act on behalf of both building owners and adjoining owners.
Party Wall Services
What building work does it involve?
- Work on an existing wall shared with another property
- Building on the boundary
- Excavation near a neighbouring building
What does the Act cover?
- New building on or astride the site boundary line between properties.
- Various works affecting an existing party wall including extending it, underpinning, rebuilding, repairing, or reducing it.
- Excavation or construction of foundations for a new building within 3m of a neighbouring building if work will go deeper than the neighbour’s foundations.
- Excavation or construction of foundations for a new building within 6m of a neighbours building where the work would cut a line drawn downwards at 45° from the bottom of the neighbours foundations.
The Party Wall etc. Act 1996
Under the Act, Building Owners are required to serve notice and obtain the Adjoining Owner’s consent to the works. If consent is not provided a dispute is deemed to have arisen and Party Wall Surveyors must be appointed so that the dispute can be resolved by way of a Party Wall Award.
Our Chartered Party Wall Surveyors are active members of the Pyramus & Thisbe Club (founded in 1974), promoting excellence in Party Wall practice.
Roger Hannah has a wealth of property related experience and regularly acts on behalf of building and adjoining owners in respect of Party Wall matters.
ENQUIRE NOW | 0161 429 1670
Building Consultancy Recent News
Promotions of Angela Juszczyk & Steven Whittle
We are delighted with the promotions of Angela Juszczyk and Steven Whittle. …
What is a Jervis v Harris clause?
The term Jervis v Harris clause, stems from a prominent dilapidations court case in 1995. As a consequence of the court’s decision,…
I would like to say thank you to Roger Hannah and in particular to Neil O'Brien for the help he gave to our charity in reducing our dilapidation costs for our previous office by more than half. He was very professional and easy to work with and explained everything in layman's terms.
Carers Trust Scotland
Karen Maloney - Office Manager
Always a pleasure working with Neil and Steve. Fantastic company to deal with. Fully recommend!
I requested Roger Hannah to do a dilapidations and measured survey of a large commercial building in Greater Manchester. I am very happy with their service. I originally had difficulty getting a surveyor to do this work and just googled Roger Hannah. I will stick with Roger Hannah for the remainder of my work on this building. Service was excellent, product was very good, they did what they said they would do and when they would do it. No complaints. I thought pricing was also reasonable and I paid same day as received the invoice.
Travel Joy Hostels
Senan Sexton - Director