Are you or your neighbour building close to an adjoining wall? We are specialist Party Wall Surveyors and can act on behalf of both building owners and adjoining owners.
Party Wall Services
What building work does it involve?
- Work on an existing wall shared with another property
- Building on the boundary
- Excavation near a neighbouring building
What does the Act cover?
- New building on or astride the site boundary line between properties.
- Various works affecting an existing party wall including extending it, underpinning, rebuilding, repairing, or reducing it.
- Excavation or construction of foundations for a new building within 3m of a neighbouring building if work will go deeper than the neighbour’s foundations.
- Excavation or construction of foundations for a new building within 6m of a neighbours building where the work would cut a line drawn downwards at 45° from the bottom of the neighbours foundations.
The Party Wall etc. Act 1996
Under the Act, Building Owners are required to serve notice and obtain the Adjoining Owner’s consent to the works. If consent is not provided a dispute is deemed to have arisen and Party Wall Surveyors must be appointed so that the dispute can be resolved by way of a Party Wall Award.
Our Chartered Party Wall Surveyors are active members of the Pyramus & Thisbe Club (founded in 1974), promoting excellence in Party Wall practice.
Roger Hannah has a wealth of property related experience and regularly acts on behalf of building and adjoining owners in respect of Party Wall matters.
ENQUIRE NOW | 0161 429 1670
Building Consultancy Recent News
Forbidden Maybe - Advised Definitely
Roger Hannah’s Building Consultancy team are proud to have delivered Pre-Acquisition Building Condition Surveys, negotiations for…
Promotions of Angela Juszczyk & Steven Whittle
We are delighted with the promotions of Angela Juszczyk and Steven Whittle. …