The Directors at Roger Hannah are regularly instructed as Experts in disputes involving property including: development land issues, professional negligence cases, matrimonial cases, disputes involving covenants, rights of way, failures by landlords to repair and other contractual issues etc. We act for both claimants and defendants and are also frequently instructed as Single Joint Experts.
Areas of expertise include:
- Land & Development – Our Land & Development Team have particular expertise in assessing Residential Viability and as an Expert Witness can prepare evidence relating to the value of residential land under Option Agreements and other contractual arrangements. Our expertise can also contribute to establishing a case in relation to development viability, affordable housing and the ability to meet Section 106 obligations as part of a planning permission.
- Valuation – Our Valuation expertise covers a wide range of property types including residential dwellings and development land in addition to commercial and industrial properties. We have acted for Banks, professional advisors and private property owners advising on wide ranging disputes such as property valuation for litigation purposes, negligence claims, matrimonial disputes, rights of way, defects and restrictive covenants.
- Business Rates – The majority of our Business Rates Appeals are successfully settled by negotiation with the Valuation Office. However, in some cases, this is not always possible and a referral to the Valuation Tribunal may be necessary. We can provide you with full representation at Tribunal hearings, preparing and presenting a case on your behalf with the aim of ensuring that you get the best outcome. We also act as Expert Witness representing Owners and Occupiers of properties in the Magistrates and Higher Courts in matters of rates payment and other liability disputes with Local and other Authorities.
- Lease Advisory – On occasions it is necessary to refer matters to an Arbitrator or Independent Expert in the case of a rent review or refer matters to Court at lease renewal or mediation in respect of many other disputes. Professional and experienced representation is fundamental in such proceedings and our Lease Advisory Team is experienced in acting for both Landlords and Tenants as Expert Witnesses, we can draw on a wealth of technical expertise as well as local market knowledge to allow you to achieve the best outcome.
- Building Consultancy – Our Team can provide expert reports on a variety of construction defects, boundary disputes and property related matters. Real experience has been gained in Court acting as an Independent Expert.
- Compulsory Purchase – Our Compulsory Team undertake compulsory purchase instructions nationwide. On occasions we need to resolve disputed compensation issues by way of a reference to the Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber) and/or through mediation. We are experienced in providing expert reports and appearing as expert witnesses in a hearing.
Our Team has experience in attending Mediation, Arbitration Hearings, County Court, High Court, Valuation Tribunal and Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber) etc. Our experts are entirely familiar with producing CPR/Part35 Compliant Reports.