In light of the evolving Coronavirus Emergency many commercial tenants are looking at their leasehold liabilities, while investors and landlords are seeking to minimise voids and maximise investment returns.
At Roger Hannah we have a dedicated team of lease advisors that can help with negotiations to try and mitigate lease-related financial obligations and liabilities. The lease advisory team at Roger Hannah can provide strategic advice to focus on ways to lower costs and maximise non economic advantages in leases to achieve the best results for our clients.
Restructuring a lease can be a valuable tool to both a landlord and a tenant, with opportunities to enhance the landlord’s investment value or reduce the tenants operating costs. To achieve this, we can offer landlords and tenants the following:
- Conduct a comprehensive lease / portfolio appraisal to identify opportunities.
- Provide a bespoke strategy for each lease that defines tenant advantages and landlord focused mitigation.
- Identify a clear and specific target for each lease that sets out a restructuring, renewal or concessions.
Restructure opportunities include:
- Changing the frequency of rental payments.
- Rental holidays and deferments.
- Exercising or removing break options.
- Lease extensions.
- Capping or fixing the service charges.
- Variations to existing alienation and other lease covenant.
Our dedicated Lease Advisory team have the specialist skills and experience to deal with all commercial Landlord and Tenant matters, advising clients across all sectors of the property market both regionally and nationally.
Our team can help with rent reviews, lease renewals, restructuring/re-gearing or surrender/assignment of leases, and sub-lettings as well as general advice on all lease related matters and Landlord and Tenant issues or disputes.